Monday, June 11, 2007

My purses!!!

I just finished creating two of the most adorable purses!!! (or at least I think so!) And just think, I made them from scratch!!! Okay, I'll start from the beginning. Well, I was looking through a box of scraps from quilts my mother had made, and I picked up a big piece of jean fabric. I suddenly had a great idea! Why not use this as a purse! So, I got out our sewing machine and got started. First I made the body of the purse, an then I ironed out the straps. After I had sewn those on, I thought it looked like it needed a little decoration. So I took out some white fabric and made a big bow and attached it to the purse. The other purse was made the same way, only it has different colors in it. It also has a pocket on the front. I can't wait to show them off!! :]

No comments: